We absolutely love this life-changing laundry hack: Use EXPO markers to write instructions and messages directly on your non-porous washer and dryer, free of brushed metal finishes.
What kinds of messages should I write?
Easy: Write down anything and everything you want to remind yourself or communicate:
- Teach others how to use the machine by writing short descriptions next to every button and knob.
- Include specific instructions for different types of loads, or fabric types.
- Write a message to remind someone to start an extra load or to remove clothing from the dryer.
- Write a checklist for all family members to follow.
You can easily remove or modify markings for each load, which keeps your family’s productivity at an all-time high.
Are all machines safe to write on?
Broadly speaking, yes! EXPO markings erase easily on most non-porous materials, including most metals, porcelain, melamine and glass. If you’re unsure about whether or not EXPO markings will erase from your washer or dryer, simply test it on a small, hard-to-see area before covering your machine in markings. Use an EXPO block eraser to erase markings.
Which markers should I use?
- EXPO Low Odor Chisel and Fine come in a spectrum of colors, so these are great for color-coding.
- Choose EXPO Neon on darker machines.
- Use EXPO Vis a Vis Wet Erase Markers for instructions you don’t want to get accidentally erased.
- Choose EXPO Magnetic Dry-Erase Markers for easy access and easy storage. Plus, these markers include a handy eraser built in to the cap. (pictured)
EXPO markings are a brilliant option to communicate more effectively and keep those laundry loads moving.